Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Finally some updates

It has been pointed out to me by several people that I haven't posted in a long time. I guess I got into a posting slump since my next post was to be the results of the Boston Marathon. Boston was a huge bust, so I didn't really want to write about it. I finished, but I was really incredibly disappointed. In short, I had a stomach pain that hit me like a ton of bricks at about mile 14. Eek, what a horrible race.I have lots of goodies to post, so I'll try to put a few up here and there and I'll just go through some of the folders of my pictures and put up a few things. I think there's a scientific post or two coming in the future (tons of people use google to hit my blog on my UHV posts looking for information...I guess I should include more technical details--note to the many people who find my blog looking for "UHV bakeout temperature" : read your manuals to find out what temperature each part of your system can be baked!).

On the 3rd of May, we had "Derby de Mayo, a Mustachio Bashio" at my house. Four of us grew two-week mustaches for the ocassion. You can see how pathetic our two week efforts were in the picture here. A much nicer picture is that of a mint julep. I put the nice julep cup that I got as a high school graduation gift years ago (thanks Bob and Judy!) to good use for the Derby.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are posting again--knew you were pretty busy these days! Also nice to see that you are getting some good use out of the julep cup--do you have Bob's recipe? It's fantastic!
Judy