Saturday, March 24, 2007

My trip (not) to Washington DC

Last weekend, I was supposed to go to the Teach For America Amgen Summit in Washington DC. I flew from Bloomington, IL to Detroit, but then my flight to Reagan was cancelled due to weather as were other flights to Reagan, Baltimore, Philadelphia, etc. I couldn't find a way to get anywhere close to DC (they tried to put about 50 of us standby on the flight to Dulles, which held 46 people and was oversold by 6) and they couldn't get me into DC for at least two days. Since that wasn't going to work for me and I didn't want to get stuck in Detroit, I got them to put me on a flight to Chicago since I could get home from there. I got to see lots of friends and got to do my long run with my Boston Marathon buddies and former Davidson teammates, Ben and Jonathan. I went with Ben's family to the Chicago Botanic Gardens one day, which was really nice. Here's a picture of a flower that I took in one of the greenhouses.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: