Sunday, November 26, 2006

UK - TN Football Game

Yesterday, we drove down to Knoxville to watch the Wildcats - Volunteers football game, the last of the regular season and a long-time rivalary. My brother, #99, got to do the kickoffs for UK and even ended up being the man to knock the returner out of bounds after a missed tackel on one of the kick-offs. The game was a lot of fun, although a disappointing loss for UK (17-12) since they had 3 or 4 opportunities from within the 10 yard line in which no points were scored. The good news is that UK will be going to a bowl game this year, but we still have to wait to hear where that will be. We're probably headed to Shreveport, LA, Nashville, TN, or Memphis, TN, although there's a few other possibilities as well (which would have been more likely with a win yesterday). Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Lori said...

Knoxville, huh? Not too far from me...wish I would have known!

Greg said...

If UK had beat the Vols yesterday, there'd be a decent shot of UK making the Chick-Fil-A bowl in Atlanta, but I think that's unlikely now, but who knows? Most predictions that I can find have the 'Cats at the Liberty Bowl in Memphis, but if by chance we end up in Atlanta, I'll be sure to let you know (although you'll probably be in Oregon then)!

Lori Northcraft said...

Looks like Nashville :) Yes, I remembered to do a quick google search on my study break. Are you going to the game?