Monday, November 13, 2006

Research Group

Two weeks ago, I officially joined the Gruebele Group in the chemistry department at UIUC. My research for the next several years will involve optical scanning tunneling microscopy (STM). Here's a picture of part of the ultrafast laser system that I've been working on tuning for the past several days with the lid off of the Ti-Sapphire laser, which I'll hopefully be using in the future for single-molecule energy transfer experiments in the STM. My lab is in the Beckman Institute for Advanced Science and Technology, which is a really nice facility, although it's a bit far from the rest of the chemistry buildings, which will only be a slight inconvenience for the next 6 months or so while I'm still heavily involved in classes. Posted by Picasa

No comments: