Saturday, November 04, 2006

Allerton Trail Race

Last Sunday, I ran the 5.5 mile Allerton Trail Race. I finished 2nd overall in a time of 30:53 (roughly 5:37/mile), which I was pretty pleased with considering that it was a tough course and that I've only been running 20-30 miles a week recently. It was also the first time in 3 years that I've worn spikes while racing, so my calves paid dearly for a full four days after the race, but the course was slippery from some recent rain, so I was glad that I wore them. The winner was fairly far in front, but I had to do battle for over 3 miles in order to hold my second place position, which I claimed by 8 seconds against a man 14 years my elder. It was a perfect day at a sunny 50 degrees, the event was really well run, and the race was followed by a big brunch. I'm pictured here with Sanda, who broke her goal of 45:00 by just under two seconds. Posted by Picasa

No comments: