Monday, October 02, 2006

Storytelling

This weekend was the 8th Annual Cave Run Storytelling Festival in my hometown of Morehead, KY. It was, as it always is, an amazing weekend. Some of my favorite tellers (and some new favorites) were there, as well as lots of family and old friends. Lori flew into IL from Atlanta and drove down to the festival with me, which was a lot of fun. I started going to storytelling festivals when I was about 8 years with Ben Franzini and family and several years later, several people in Morehead decided to put on their own, which is, in my opinion, better than the National Storytelling Festival. While it may be smaller, it's got the same quality of tellers and the smaller atmosphere allows you to be closer to the tellers and have a more intimate storytelling environment. Plus, you can't beat the beauty of Cave Run Lake. Posted by Picasa

No comments: