Saturday, October 07, 2006

New Look

My half-dozen regular readers have no doubt noticed that the blog has a new look. That's because I've switched over to the new Blogger Beta. The new layout settings make it really easy to add syndicated feeds to the sidebar, so I'm toying with a few new things. Of particular note is the new feed for my training log. Starting today, I'm going to upload my runs from my Garmin Forerunner 301 to Motionbased, the 5 most recent of which will show up on the side of the blog. If you click on the link, it will show you lots of data about my run, including a Google Map, so you can even see satellite imagery of the course.

Speaking of new looks, I bought new running shoes today. New running shoes isn't usually big news since I get new shoes every 400-500 miles. The differences is that while the last two dozen or so pairs have been Nike Air Structure Triax, this time I bought different shoes. I wasn't very pleased with the new fit after the upgrade from version 8 to version 9. I tried on at least 8 pairs of shoes hoping that I would find something else that felt as perfect as the pair that I ultimately ended up buying. I bought the Asics Gel Kayano, which were hands down the most comfortable shoes I tried on, but they're unfortunately about as expensive as running shoes get. Posted by Picasa

No comments: