Sunday, September 24, 2006

Boilerman Triathlon

Last night I drove to Lafayette, IN and stayed with my good buddy and former teammate Jonathan, which was fantastic. Then, this morning, I competed in my first Olympic-distance (1.5K swim, 40K bike, 10K run), the Boilerman Triathlon hosted by the Purdue tri club. Unfortunately, the organizers were not particularly organized, but the race ended up going very smoothly. I finished the race in 2:23:17 after roughly 25 minutes in the water, 70 minutes on the bike, and 35 minutes running Those are very rough estimates; I didn't hit the lap button on my watch during the race and the post-swim diziness didn't help orient me very well either (I'm getting ear plugs for the next one!). I had a lot of fun and was pleased with my race and, as expected, I toasted a lot of people on the run. It's funny that the more I do triathlon, the more addicted I get to it, but the more I realize how much I really love running.




Posted by Picasa

No comments: