Friday, August 04, 2006

Theater Update

Last night I painted the wall where my projector displays its image so that it's no longer projecting onto a green wall. I went with a flat gray instead of white for improved contrast. As you can see in the picture, the left speaker is too far to the left for perfect symmetry. That error has been corrected since this photograph was taken. The next step is to paint a black border around the edges to minimze any bleeding. Posted by Picasa

I've been testing everything out with the excellent home theater film, The Lord of the Rings, but last night I watched my first full film in my new theater, Good Night and Good Luck. It may not be one of the best of movies for showcasing the theater's capabilities, but it is one of the best movies I've seen in a while.

2 comments:

Annette said...

You have a theater in your house?? Clearly there are advantages to going to grad school in the middle of a cornfield! :) Good luck with your entrance exams...I'm sure studying is tough after two years away from pchem, etc...but you'll do great! Take care!

Greg said...

Annette, congrats on your big wedding! I hope that grad school is going well for you; I can't believe you're already starting your third year. Good to hear from you!