Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Teaching College

In about 45 minutes, I'm going to spend my first two hours as an instructor for college students. I'm really excited to be back in the classroom, because it's something that I miss after leaving Brownsville. I'm interested to see how different the classroom dynamic will be from teaching high school, although I guess to some degree, the magnitude of that difference will depend on how I choose to teach the class. I'm the TA for two sections of a course called, 102D, which is a general chemistry course where the TA is the primary facilitator. Students will see me for 50 minutes a day, Tuesday through Friday, and will only see the actual professor if they go to his office hours. It will, of couse, be a lot of work that way, but I love being in the classroom and I'm excited about the freedom (within certain boundaries) that this will give me in my instruction.

1 comment:

Lori Northcraft said...

I hope your teaching went well...I'm anxious to hear about it. Give me a call when you have a chance and tell me how is was different from Pace HS (I bet your students didn't have any Spanish-English dictionaries with them!)