Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Home Theater

It's been a while since I updated my blog because I've been in the process of moving to Illinois and getting settled. Mom and I painted for 3 days to cover up the majority of the pink and some of the purple. There's still some painting work to be done, but the house looks really nice now and I'm really excited about it. Yesterday, my projector came in the mail and I bought a 5.1 surround sound system and spent several hours mounting everything into the ceiling of my basement to make an incredible home theater. I have ceiling tiles in my basement that pop out, just like in a classroom, so I was able to run everything through the ceiling. I had to nail some additional wood to my joists to lower the framing of the ceiling above the tiles in order to install my projector mount. As you can see, the last thing left to do is paint the wall/screen. Even with the green wall, though, the darkness of the room combined with the intensity of the projector, the color reproduction and contrast is excellent. I can only imagine that it will look even better once I get the wall painted properly. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Ben said...

This makes me incredibly jealous! Every man's dream. Well done Greg.