Thursday, October 13, 2005

Herald.com | 09/18/2005 | In a battle of wits with kitchen appliances, I'm toast

I laughed so hard when I read this. Particularly the paragraph that is clearly talking about my father:

There are three buttons labeled POWER, but there are times -- especially if my son and his friends, who are not afraid of features, have changed the settings -- when I honestly cannot figure out how to turn the TV on. I stand there, holding three remote controls, pressing buttons at random, until eventually I give up and go turn on the dishwasher. It has been, literally, years since I have successfully recorded a TV show. That is how ''smart'' my appliances have become.

3 comments:

Judy Woods said...

I'm voting NO too! Especially after I went through all the rigamarole just to get to the article!! Hope you are doing well Greg!
Judy

Ed said...

You must be thinking of your mother. I don't know how to turn on the dishwasher.
Dad

Ed said...

You must be thinking of your mother. I don't know how to turn on the dishwasher.
Dad