Sunday, September 04, 2005


I've completed the first two weeks of school of my second year of teaching. I'm teaching one section of chemistry and four sections of freshman (conceptual) physics. 100% of my freshmen are in ESL classes and most of them speak very little English. While working around the language barrier to teach science will be a challenge of its own, the second year in general is SO much easier. Classroom management is so much more pleasant and easy and my classroom is much more efficient. In this picture, you can see one of the many strategies I'm using to help with the language barrier, the word wall.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you upbeat and enthused about working with your students! Hope all is still going well. Will see your folks this weekend for Story Telling!! :-) Take care,
Judy