Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Cycling, Running, and Kayaking

I just started running again yesterday after coming off of what I believe to have been a stress fracture in my foot. These two days I've just covered half a mile each day on soft surfaces and I'll step up to a mile tomorrow as I gradually build up toward the marathon I plan to run on Feb 5, 2006: the Mardi Gras Marathon in New Orleans, LA. I've been active on the cycling since I returned the valley, riding with the River Rockets almost every day. We had close to 20 people riding tonight and my tires got tied up in what turned into a small pile-up, but fortunately, I was able to keep my balance. Alex SFR, my teammate for the upcoming Duel of the Dunes adventure race and I practiced kayaking in a borrowed inflatable in the resaca behind my house today. We have a lot of work to do before the race on August the 28th. Tomorrow brings more running, cycling, and sand volleyball. Too bad school has to start soon.

No comments: