Sunday, February 27, 2005

The Start

My whole life, my father has told me to keep a journal. I know that he's right (aren't they always?), but that nugget of knowledge hasn't been enough to keep me dedicated to it. I've tried a few times, but one of the biggest thing that holds me back is that I'm always trying to catch up on things that I should have written down in the past, rather than just jotting down what's going on now. So my new resolution to keeping a (b)log of the events in my life is to not even bother if I don't get around to it right away. Then, if the mood strikes me, maybe I'll write something down from the past. Otherwise, I'll just ramble (as I am now) about the most recent events.

Mom was here this weekend and we checked out a bit of the Charro Days events, namely the Sombrero Festival. After I dropped her at the airport today, I went for a run at South Padre Island. After going out one direction for about 3 miles, my IT band started killing me, so it wasn't exactly the most fun return trip. This, of course, happening just as I am resolving to get back to running nearly as regularly as I did during the glory days of college.

No comments: